DJI Mavic Mini Vs Mavic Air Vs Xiaomi Fimi X8 (Ultimate comparison)
The Mavic air is more expensive, but it is still frequently compared to these two.
What are you going to learn in this article?
- A detailed table spec comparison that I made
- Where it’s cheapest to buy these
- Battery life, range and weight differences
- Fotage samples
- Settings (which one is better for professionals)
- What accessories to get
This being said, let’s get into the article itself.
The Mavic Mini si for Sale on Amazon too, and for really good prices.
FCC mode is made only for the US, but it’s illegal in the EU (although there are some workarounds).
What about the Battery price as a spare accessory?
Are these smart batteries?
What is the Range in Europe for the Air, Mini and Xiaomi Fimi x8?
- When you’re using things like follow me or other flight modes.
- Flying backwards for a shot
- Return to home ( it’s better for the drone to stop there and you get it later than simply crashing into something)
- Cables ( these are harder to see sometimes but the obstacle sensors detect them)
- flying while looking down ( this means you can’t see what’s in front of you so it makes it a little more dangerous
What is bitrate and why it's important?
Why is shutter speed important for drone cameras?
Why is the white balance important?
Does the Mavic Mini and Xiaomi Fimi x8 Shoot RAW?
Flight modes ( The main drawback of the Mavic Mini)
Does the Mavic Mini come with Follow me?
I personally think that for this budget you should go for the Mavic Mini if you’re not a professional that uses ND filters.
It’s a great choice since you don’t have to register it and it’s really portable. It’s also slightly cheaper than the Xiaomi (with about $100).
The Xiaomi Fimi x8 is the better choice for people who want a bit more out of their drone, but aren’t that concerned about registering their drone or the weight.
It is suitable to be used in more professional settings thanks to the RAW photos and adjustable camera settings.
The Mavic Mini is the only one who doesn’t have them OR have any use for them curently.