122m max height
Don't drop anything from your drone
5km from airports
50m from private proprety
All Drone Laws in Venezuela for 2020 (Complete Guide)
This is a guide for the drone laws in Venezuela for 2020 (updated every year) where you'll get a clue about what you can or shouldn't do while flying a quadcopter anywhere in this country.
Table of Contents
Can I fly a drone in the Venezuela?
Flying a drone in Venezuela should be legal if we are to go by Venezuela’s National Aviation Authority, however, it is imperative that you do your due diligence. There was a story where the Venezuelan president was nearly assassinated by a drone rigged with explosives. If it were up to me, I would follow all the rules required of the country to the latter, as it is natural for any country to focus on that industry very seriously.
How to get a drone license in Venezuela
- You must be a Venezuelan national or from a friendly country
- You must have an understanding of the Spanish language
- Must have an Aeronautical Medical Certificate
Rules for flying drones in Venezuela
Anyone above 16 years old, can fly their drone with a supervising adult. They must abide by the following rules:
How can I register a drone in Venezuela?
Go to the online portal and make your submission.
Details required for registration are:
- Personal details
- Technical information of the drone
- The drone’s flight path
Can I fly a commercial drone in Venezuela?
To fly a commercial drone you must register:
- Online through the portal
- Submit the online form
- Pay an amount on the online platform.
Third-party insurance cover is mandatory in Venezuela. It takes 8 days to process your application in Venezuela.
- Registration is 100 Venezuelan tax units (subject to current currency inflations of course)